East Midlands Trains has some fantastic ways to save money on train travel. In fact, with a 2022 East Midlands Trains discount code, best fare finder offers and cheap ticket deals, you’ll never have to pay full fare again.
East Midlands Trains: Advance £2 OFF
- £2 OFF Advance Return fares
- £1 OFF Advance Single fares
- No booking fees or credit/debit card charges
East Midlands Trains: Best Fare Finder
- Cheapest tickets available
- All rail networks in Britain
- No booking fees or credit/debit card charges
No Booking Fees or Card Charges
- No booking fees or credit & debit card charges
- Train tickets available throughout Britain
- Don’t get ripped off!
East Midlands Trains Discount Code: Quick Links
- East Midlands Trains Advance Tickets – Plus £2 OFF Return and £1 OFF Single
- No Booking Fees or Credit/Debit Card Charges – Don’t Get Ripped Off!
- East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder – Find the Best Deals on Selected Routes
- Cheap Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak and Anytime – Cheaper Off-Peak and Flexible Train Tickets
- East Midlands Trains First Class Tickets – 3 Great Ways to Save
- Season Tickets and Carnets – Big Savings for Regular Travellers
- Groupsave and Group Train Travel – Save Money in Groups
- East Midlands Trains Promo Code 2022
East Midlands Trains Advance Tickets – Plus £2 OFF Return and £1 OFF Single
Advance tickets are the cheapest tickets available if you know when you want to travel. As a bonus, if your journey is on the East Midlands Trains network, you’ll get a further discount on tickets:
- £2 OFF Return
- £1 OFF Single
Advance tickets are available 12 weeks before you travel in both Standard and First Class. You can find out when Advance tickets are available on their network. You can even travel First Class Advance, which is cheaper than many Standard class journeys.
Save money now with the cheapest Advance fares and get a further £2 OFF Return and £1 OFF Single tickets.
These extra £2 OFF and £1 OFF discounted deals are only available when you travel on the East Midlands Trains network.
No Booking Fees or Credit/Debit Card Charges – Don’t Get Ripped Off!
Unlike many other train ticket websites, there are no hidden booking fees or credit and debit card charges when buying your tickets online with East Midlands Trains.
No booking fees or credit and debit card charges are for all bookings on the East Midlands Trains website and includes tickets booked on any train journeys in the UK. That means you will save money on all rail journeys compared to train ticket agent websites.
You will get double the savings for bookings on the East Midlands Trains network and the saving on Advance tickets.
Get your tickets online now and save money.
East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder – Find the Best Deals on Selected Routes
The East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder is ideal for finding the cheapest train tickets available on popular, selected routes.
It’s easy to use. Select your journey to bring up the cheapest available fares.
As well as Standard class, you can also find some bargains on First Class travel. Remember, the East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder is restricted to specific routes on their network.
Find yourself a bargain now with the Best Fare Finder.
Cheap Off-Peak, Super Off-Peak and Anytime – Cheaper Off-Peak and Flexible Train Tickets
If you’re travelling off-peak and can’t find a cheap ticket on your route with the Best Fare Finder, and need more flexibility than an Advance, Super Off-Peak and Off-Peak tickets offer significant savings.
Super Off-Peak tickets – cheapest off-peak travel
Super Off-Peak journeys are great value and cheaper than Off-Peak fares if you’re not travelling during peak hours.
East Midlands Super Off-Peak tickets are available on their network:
- Saturdays and Sundays all day on journeys to and from London St Pancras
- Weekday trains that arrive into London St Pancras at or after 11.26am
- Weekday trains that depart London St Pancras between 10.29am and 3.16pm and at or after 6.59pm
While you can get Advance tickets much cheaper (even First Class Advances are often more affordable), Super Off-Peak is an excellent value if you need flexibility.
Off-Peak tickets – cheap off-peak travel with more flexibility
If you’re travelling at off-peak times, need total flexibility and don’t want to book ahead, the best way to travel is to buy Off-Peak tickets. Your outward journey must be the date shown on the ticket; however, you can return on any off-peak train within a month.
East Midlands Trains Off-Peak tickets are available on:
- All services arriving into London St Pancras at or after 10.05am
- Weekday trains departing London St Pancras between 9.01am and 4.29pm and at or after 6.59pm
- Fridays any train after 9.01am
- Weekend trains, if you’re making a return journey over the weekend
If you know you’re travelling off-peak, the great thing is that you can buy Off-Peak tickets on the day or get them online before you travel.
You can make great savings in 2022 with Advance, Super Off-Peak, Off-Peak, no booking fees or card charges and East Midlands Trains discount codes.
Anytime – total flexibility
If you’re looking for the most flexible way to travel with East Midlands Trains, Anytime tickets are your best bet. Rules and restrictions around Anytime tickets are as follows:
- Anytime Return tickets outward journeys must be made up to five days from the date of purchase, returning on any service within 28 days
- Anytime Day tickets must be used on the day of purchase
- Anytime Single tickets are valid for two days from the date of purchase
In most cases, you should look to get a cheaper ticket, but if you need a lot of flexibility, Anytime tickets maybe your best option.
East Midlands Trains First Class Tickets – 3 Great Ways to Save
Travelling First Class does not need to be expensive; East Midlands Trains First Class have some bargains, so why not treat yourself. First Class customers on East Midlands Trains enjoy:
- Access to East Midlands First Class lounges
- Complimentary wi-fi
- Large leather seats with tables
- Complimentary breakfast*, snacks and drinks (* selected services)
- Plug sockets for laptops and mobile phones
- Plenty of luggage space
London Day Out First Class All-Inclusive Ticket
Travelling to London on a Saturday will never be the same with the great East Midlands Trains All-Inclusive London Day Out ticket if you want to make the most of your day out in London with an early start.
First Class All-Inclusive London Day Out ticket customers enjoy:
- First Class Day Return ticket to London St Pancras International
- Complimentary breakfast (on selected Saturday morning services)
- One day London Travelcard
- 24-hour parking
2022 fares for the First Class All-Inclusive London Day Out tickets are:
- Sheffield to London Return £78
- Chesterfield to London Return £78
- Derby to London £76
- Nottingham to London £75
- East Midlands Parkway to London £74
- Leicester to London £74
- Market Harborough to London £72
You can get a further 1/3 OFF these fares with a Railcard, making this First Class deal to London even better. The following Railcards are available with the First Class All-Inclusive London Day Out tickets.
- 16-17 Saver Railcard
- 16-25 Railcard
- 26-30 Railcard
- Disabled Persons Railcard
- Family & Friends Railcard
- Two Together
Tickets are available over two months in advance and up to the day before. Why not treat yourself to this fantastic deal on a First Class return to London.
First Class Upgrade on Weekdays
If you need some more comfort or more space to work, East Midlands Trains offer weekday First Class upgrades on journeys to London. Prices start at £19 (Wellingborough to London).
To upgrade, speak to the guard on the train or at the station before you depart. You’ll already need a Standard Class ticket, and First Class Upgrades on weekdays are subject to seat availability.
First Class Upgrade on Weekends
For just £10, you can upgrade your Standard Class ticket to First Class on journeys on the East Midlands network to/from London on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. You can arrange the upgrade either at the train station or with the guard as soon as you board the train.
Season Tickets and Carnets – Big Savings for Regular Travellers
East Midlands Trains Season Tickets – Save £££s
Season tickets will work out much cheaper if you’re a regular traveller on the East Midlands Trains network. Depending on what route you’re taking, you can get them in up to three periods:
- Seven Days
Season tickets are available for both Standard and First Class. If you’re travelling regularly to London, season tickets are available, including travel within London Zones 1-6.
Find out more about East Midlands Trains season tickets, and for your convenience, you can buy them online.
Carnet Tickets – 10% discount
East Midlands Trains also offer Carnet tickets, which are only available on services to/from London St Pancras and the following stations:
Barnsley, Sheffield, Chesterfield, Meadowhall, Duffield, Whatstandwell, Willington, Ambergate, Derby, Nottingham, Alfreton, Langley Mill, Cromford, Long Eaton, Beeston, Burton on Trent, Matlock, Matlock Bath, Belper, Loughborough, Leicester, Market Harborough, Kettering and Wellingborough.
Carnet tickets are available in both Standard and First Class in two types:
- Carnet 10 – 10 tickets for the price of nine on selected Anytime tickets
- Carnet 5 – 10% discount on five tickets
Carnet tickets are not available to purchase online.
Group Train Travel and GroupSave – Save Money in Groups
East Midlands Train Group Travel
East Midlands Trains offer money savings for group train travel on a range of different ticketing options, including:
- Groups of 10 or more
- Child and students
- VIP, conference and events
- First Class
Find out how you can get big savings with group train travel.
East Midlands Trains do offer some Groupsave discounts on regional trains. If they’re available, you can get 50% OFF when four people or more travel together and 33% OFF when three people travel together.
East Midlands Trains Promo Code 2022
2022 East Midlands Trains promo codes have great discounts, and all the latest discounts can be found here. Get big £££s savings when you purchase these deals online.
Get Cheaper Train Tickets and Special Offers from Train Companies in Britain
Train travel in Britain can be quite bewildering with so many different places that you can buy tickets. How do you know where you can get the best deal in 2022?
A straightforward method that works consistently is that it is always better to buy a ticket direct from the train company that runs the part of the network that you wish to travel on. They will never be beaten for price on that journey, and they’ll have the best special offers and ways to save money on their network.
Plus if you buy tickets direct from the train companies (that’s all journeys both on their network and the rest of the network in Britain), you will benefit from:
- No Booking Fees
- No Credit or Debit Card Charges
Ways to save money in Britain when booking direct journeys with train companies
- Caledonian Sleeper – deals and discounts on London to Scotland sleeper services
- Train discount code and rail deals – save money on tickets, tours and holidays
- Stansted Express Promotion Code – discount tickets from Stansted Airport to London with adult fares from only £9.45
- Virgin Trains Promo Codes and Cheap Tickets – services that include London to Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool and Manchester
- Eurostar Promotional Code and Sale Offers – direct services from London, Ebbsfleet and Ashford to Paris, Brussels, Lille, Calais, Lyon, Avignon, Marseilles and connections to European destinations
Save money with 2022 East Midlands Trains discount code offers and exclusive online discounts.
Image credits: dgmckelvey mattbuck007 garryknight ell-r-brown mattbuck007