Railcards are a fantastic way to save you money – so for great discounts when you travel by train, why not take advantage of the Disabled Persons Railcard?
You’ll bag 1/3 OFF your train ticket every time you travel in 2022.
Read on to find out about the Disabled Persons Railcard discount code offers and the savings you can make.
Get 1/3 OFF train travel with a Disabled Persons Railcard Discount Code – Quick Links
- Who can apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard?
- How much do I get off train travel with a Disabled Persons Railcard?
- When can I use a Disabled Persons Railcard?
- What restrictions are there with my Disabled Persons Railcard?
- How much does the Disabled Persons Railcard cost?
- Where to buy a Disabled Persons Railcard?
- How to renew a Disabled Persons Railcard?
Who can apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard?
To qualify for a Disabled Persons Railcard and receive 1/3 OFF rail travel you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Receive disability-related benefits including Personal Independence Payments
- Be registered as deaf or use a hearing aid
- Be registered as visually impaired
- Have epilepsy
How much do I get off train travel with a Disabled Persons Railcard?
This money-saving Disabled Persons Railcard will mean you get 1/3 OFF on your rail fare across the National Rail Network in Britain. Just remember you must bring your Railcard with you on each train journey.
For example, you can use your Railcard on a £60 fare to visit friends or family for the weekend, and you’ll save £20. With this type of saving, you will have paid for your Railcard in just one trip!
Don’t forget; the discount is for two people – so you can enjoy saving money with your mates in 2022 as well!
When can I use a Disabled Persons Railcard?
This handy Disabled Persons Railcard knocks 1/3 OFF your train travel for you and one adult travelling with you. Here’s when you can take advantage of the great discounts:
- Anytime and Anytime Day Single and Return tickets for travel in Standard and First Class
- Off-Peak and Off-Peak Day Single and Return tickets for travel in Standard and First Class
- Super Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Single and Return tickets for travel in Standard and First Class
- Advance Single tickets for travel in Standard and First Class
- Up to 34% Caledonian Sleeper discount on Club Solo or Classic Solo rooms, and seats
- London Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcards (subject to a minimum fare of £5.90)
- Anytime Day Travelcard when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to a minimum fare of £16.40)
- Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go single fares and a price cap on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services in London
- Oyster Off-Peak Daily price cap on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway (DLR) services in London
- PLUSBUS day tickets
- All-Line Rail Rover 7 and 14-day tickets for travel in Standard and First Class
- Some regional Rail Rover tickets
- Some rail/sea journeys with Wightlink, Red Funnel Ferries and Stena Line
What restrictions are there with a Disabled Persons Railcard?
There are a few restrictions to be aware of with the Disabled Persons Railcard discount in 2022. You won’t be able to use it with season tickets, Eurostar tickets, some promotional offers and most London Underground and DLR tickets.
How much does the Disabled Persons Railcard cost?
A 2022 Disabled Persons Railcard costs £20 for the year or £54 for three years. SAVE £2 a year if you get a three-year Railcard. Both give you 1/3 OFF train travel for the entire period.
Look out for Disabled Persons Railcard discount code offers to get money off the card itself.
Where to buy a Disabled Persons Railcard?
To benefit from reduced train fares with a Disabled Persons Railcard, you must first check that you meet the full requirements and that you’re eligible.
For all applications, you’ll also need to show proof of your eligibility.
One-year and three-year Disabled Persons Railcards are available to order online. You can pay with the following debit cards and credit cards.
- Debit cards – Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard Debit and Maestro
- Credit cards – Visa and MasterCard
Delivery is FREE by Second Class post, and you’ll need to allow up to five working days for delivery. If you require your Railcard quicker, you can arrange for Royal Mail Special Delivery which guarantees delivery within two days. However, this will cost an additional £6.50.
If you’re applying by post download an application form online, select whether you’d like a one-year Railcard for £20 or three-year for £54 and send off your completed form with proof of disability and payment to the address below:
Disabled Persons Railcard Office
PO Box 6613
If you have any questions, you can give them a call on 0345 605 0525 (07.00 to 22.00, Monday to Sunday) or minicom/textphone 0345 601 0132 (for customers with hearing impairments).
How to renew a Disabled Persons Railcard
It’s simple to renew your Disabled Persons Railcard in 2022 online within 30 days before the expiry date runs out. Just make sure you register online beforehand.
Online is both safe and secure, and you’ll get your renewed Railcard delivered to your door within five working days.
Alternatively, you can renew by phone by calling: 0345 605 0525 or Textphone/minicom 0345 601 0132.
Or by post – print off the application form and write your Railcard number and signature in the renewals box to the application address above.
Enjoy saving now with a Disabled Persons Railcard
More Ways to Save with Railcards
There are plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. In the meantime, check out these promotional code discounts and deals on 2022 National Railcards.
- 16-17 Saver Railcard – 50% OFF for people aged 16 and 17
- 16-25 Railcard Discount Code – best for 16-25-year-olds and students
- 26-30 Railcard Discount Code – 1/3 OFF rail travel for millennials aged between 26 and 30 years old
- Family and Friends Railcard Discount Code – best for families and small groups which include children
- Network Railcard – best discount offer for people living in London and South East England
- Senior Railcard Discount Code – best for people 60 years old and above
- Two Together Railcard Discount Code – best for two people who travel together