Enjoy discount train travel with an Esk Valley Railcard and explore the beautiful backwaters of Britain’s rail network. Enjoy picturesque leafy landscapes and quaint villages on this classic railway route.
The Esk Valley Line connects rural communities in the North Yorkshire Moors with Middlesborough a bustling city, and the coastal town of Whitby, famous for its fish and chips.
Who Can Apply for an Esk Valley Railcard?
Get 1/3 discount on train travel with the Esk Valley railcard if you’re aged 16 or over and live in one of the qualifying postal areas.
Travel frequently with children? Get 1/3 OFF up to four children per holder if you’re an Esk Valley Railcard holder. Pay a minimum fare of £1 for any accompanying child.
Travel frequently with the family outside of the Esk Valley area? A Friends & Family Railcard may be better as it gives you 1/3 OFF adult and 60% OFF child discounts in Britain.
There’s more National Railcards to save on rail fares throughout Britain:
- Young people aged between 16 and 25 you don’t want to miss out on discounts with a 16-25 Railcard
- Travel frequently with one other person? A Two Together Railcard is just the ticket
- For people aged 60 and over a Senior Railcard will give you savings
When Can I Use the Esk Valley Railcard?
All train journeys on the Esk Valley line at any time of day.
Where Can I Get Discounted Train Travel with an Esk Valley Railcard?
On the Esk Valley Railway line which runs between Whitby and Middlesbrough, and all stations in between. Check out this handy map of the Esk Valley Railway line.
How Much Does an Esk Valley Railcard Cost?
The Esk Valley Railcard costs just £10 for one year.
Where Can I Buy an Esk Valley Railcard?
From Whitby and Middlesbrough ticket offices. And also available from Malton, Redcar Central, Scarborough, Thirsk and Thornaby railway stations. Alternatively, you can apply by post.
To purchase your Esk Valley Railcard, you’ll need a:
- Completed application form
- Proof of residence in the qualifying area, for example, a driver’s licence, council tax demand or utility bill; and payment
More Ways to Save with National Railcards
There’s plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. Check out these 2017 National Railcard discount code offers.
- 16-25 Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year and 12% OFF 1-Year. For young people aged 16 to 25 and mature students
- 26-30 Railcard Discount Code – 1/3 OFF rail travel for millennials aged between 26 and 30 years old
- Disabled Persons Railcard only £20. For people with disabilities and one other person travelling together
- Family and Friends Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year. For families and small groups including one child
- Network Railcard only £30. Discounts on travel in London and the South East
- Senior Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year. For older people aged 60 and over
- Two Together Railcard Discount Code 10% OFF 1-Year. For two people travelling together.