Get a Dales Railcard and receive a handy discount of 1/3 on standard train travel across the Settle-Carlisle line and selected routes in this area.
Explore the beautiful Settle-Carlisle railway line (one of the most scenic in England), adventure over the Ribblehead Viaduct, connect to the shops in the towns along the line and discover bonus offers with the Dales Railcard.
If you have children with you (up to four children, aged between 5-15), you’ll receive discounts of 1/3 for them too.
Get discount travel with the Dales Railcard if you’re aged 16 or over and a resident in the qualifying postal areas.
Want to find out how you could save on train travel with railcard discounts outside of the Dales line? All of these National Railcards give 1/3 OFF discounts in Britain:
- Young people and mature students save with 16-25 Railcards
- Families get discounted train travel with Family & Friends Railcards
- Mature adults over 60 save with Senior Railcards
- Two people travelling together get money off Two Together Railcards
Get up to date Regional, and National Railcard offers and discounts.
When and Where?
Get discounts for one year with your Dales Railcard on single, day return and open return tickets. Valid between all stations on the Leeds-Carlisle and Leeds-Lancaster/Morecambe lines (plus Brampton and Wetheral on the Tyne Valley line) it’ll cut your travel costs by 1/3.
Check out this handy map for a full breakdown of where you can use your railcard discount of ⅓ on train travel.
How Much Does a Dales Railcard Cost?
The Dales Railcard costs just £6.50 for the whole year and gives a discount of 1/3 off train travel plus up to 1/3 off for children aged 5-15.
Where Can I Buy a Dales Railcard?
Start saving today and get your Dales Railcard online for just £6.50 or in person from Appleby, Carlisle, Carnforth, Settle or Skipton Railway Stations.
To purchase your Dales Railcard, you’ll need:
- a completed application form
- proof of residence in the appropriate area, e.g., a driver’s licence, council tax demand or utility bill; and payment
The Dales Railcard cannot be used exclusively within the Leeds/Bradford Skipton area or exclusively between Carnforth, Lancaster, Bare Lane and Morecambe.
More Ways to Save with National Railcards
There’s plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. Check out these 2017 National Railcard discount code offers.
- 16-25 Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year and 12% OFF 1-Year. For young people aged 16 to 25 and mature students
- 26-30 Railcard Discount Code – 1/3 OFF rail travel for millennials aged between 26 and 30 years old
- Disabled Persons Railcard only £20. For people with disabilities and one other person travelling together
- Family and Friends Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year. For families and small groups including one child
- Network Railcard only £30. Discounts on travel in London and the South East
- Senior Railcard Discount Code SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year. For older people aged 60 and over
- Two Together Railcard Discount Code 10% OFF 1-Year. For two people travelling together.
Start saving today with Railcard offers and enjoy 1/3 OFF train travel in Britain.
Image credit: chantrybee