Get discounts of 1/3 OFF with the Cambrian Railcard. Discover the best way to save on train travel between Pwllheli and Shrewsbury, including Aberystwyth.
Explore the beautiful Welsh countryside, adventure to the beaches, and connect to the shops on the Cambrian Linea for a lot less with a Cambrian Railcard.
Who Can Apply for a Cambrian Railcard?
Get discount travel with the Cambrian Railcard if you’re aged 16 or over and a resident in qualifying postal code areas.
This Railcard is suitable for commuters and students as you can travel at any time of day.
Leisure travellers can explore the coastline and Cardigan Bay and enjoy the beautiful mid-Wales countryside for less. If you live in the area and love spending time on the beach, the Cambrian Railcard is ideal for summer days out with the family.
1/3 OFF Train Travel in Britain with National Railcards
Get 1/3 OFF train travel in Britain with National Railcards.
- Young people and mature students get discounts with 16-25 Railcards
- Families and small groups with at least one child save with Family & Friends Railcards
- Mature adults aged 60 and over get money off with Senior Railcards
- Two people save with Two Together Railcards
Get all the latest Regional and National Railcard offers and discounts.
When Can I Use a Cambrian Railcard?
The Cambrian Railcard is valid for one year. Any standard class journey at any time of day qualifies for discounts.
Where Can I Get Discounted Travel with a Cambrian Railcard?
You can use the Railcard for all stations on the main and coast Cambrian Lines. The mainline connects Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth.
Also, you can use the Railcard on the Machynlleth to Pwllheli coastal line. Check out this handy map for full details of the routes covered.
How much does a Cambrian railcard cost?
The Cambrian Railcard costs just £10 for one year.
Where can I buy a Cambrian Railcard?
The Cambrian Railcard is available to buy by post or in person from Aberystwyth, Machynlleth, Newtown and Barmouth.
To purchase your Railcard, you’ll need:
- A completed application form
- Proof of residence in the appropriate area, for example, a driver’s licence, council tax demand or utility bill and payment
More Ways to Save with National Railcards
There’s plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. Check out these 2022 National Railcard discount code offers.
- 16-25 Railcard Discount Code – for young people aged 16 to 25 and mature students
- 26-30 Railcard Discount Code – 1/3 OFF rail travel for millennials aged between 26 and 30 years old
- Disabled Persons Railcard – for people with disabilities and one other person travelling together
- Family and Friends Railcard Discount Code – for families and small groups including one child
- Network Railcard – discounts on travel in London and the South East
- Senior Railcard Discount Code – for older people aged 60 and over
- Two Together Railcard Discount Code – for two people travelling together.
Start saving today with Railcard offers and enjoy 1/3 OFF train travel in Britain.
Image credit: Hefin Owen (header)