Get a Dales Railcard and receive a handy discount of 1/3 on standard train travel across the Settle-Carlisle line and selected routes in this area.
Explore the beautiful Settle-Carlisle railway line (one of the most scenic in England), adventure over the Ribblehead Viaduct, connect to the shops in the towns along the line and discover bonus offers with the Dales Railcard.
Dales Railcard holders get special price day return winter offers, plus the Dales Railcard Benefit Scheme gives you discounts on food, drinks, shopping and hotel stays.
What’s more, if you have children with you (up to four children, aged between 5-15), you’ll receive discounts of 1/3 for them too.
Travelling with the family? Frequently travel outside of the Dales? Check out the ⅓ discount you could bag on train travel across Britain and 60% off for kids with the Family and Friends Railcard.
Get discount travel with the Dales railcard if you’re aged 16 or over and a resident in the qualifying postal areas.
In addition, if you often visit family or friends via train you could save more on train travel with the Family and Friends Railcard.
Don’t miss out on train travel discounts and offers. If you’re aged between 16-25 you can also make the most of the discounts and offers across Britain with the 16-25 Railcard.
When and Where?
Get discounts for one year with your Dales Railcard on single, day return and open return tickets. Valid between all stations on the Leeds-Carlisle and Leeds-Lancaster/Morecambe lines (plus Brampton and Wetheral on the Tyne Valley line) it’ll cut your travel costs by 1/3.
Check out this handy map for a full breakdown of where you can use your railcard discount of ⅓ on train travel.
How much does a Dales railcard cost?
The Dales Railcard costs just £6.50 for the whole year and gives a discount of 1/3 off train travel plus up to 1/3 off for children aged 5-15.
Where can I buy a Dales Railcard?
Start saving today and get your Dales Railcard online for just £6.50 or in person from Appleby, Carlisle, Carnforth, Settle or Skipton Railway Stations.
To purchase your Dales railcard you’ll need:
– a completed application form
– a proof of residence in the appropriate area, eg, a driver’s licence, council tax demand or utility bill; and payment
Want to find out how you could save on train travel with railcard discounts outside of the Dales line? We’ve got the latest offers on railcards here.
The Dales Railcard cannot be used exclusively within the Leeds/Bradford Skipton area or exclusively between Carnforth, Lancaster, Bare Lane and Morecambe.
More Ways to Save with Railcards
There’s plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. In the meantime, check out these promotional code discounts and deals on 2016 National Railcards.
- 16-25 Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for 16-25 year olds and students
- Disabled Persons Railcard – best for people with disabilities
- Family and Friends Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for families and small groups which include children
- Network Railcard – best discount offer for people living in London and South East England
- Senior Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for people 60 years old and above
- Two Together Railcard Promotional Code – 10% OFF 1-Year – best for two people who travel together
Image credit: chantrybee