Get discounts of 1/3 OFF with the Cambrian Railcard. Discover the best way to save on train travel between Pwllheli and Shrewsbury, including Aberystwyth.
Explore the beautiful Welsh countryside, adventure to the beaches, and connect to the shops on the Cambrian Linea for a lot less with a Cambrian Railcard.
Want cheaper train travel with the family? Often venture outside of Wales? You can get 1/3 OFF adult and 60% OFF child discounts with a Family and Friends Railcard.
Who Can Apply for a Cambrian Railcard?
Get discount travel with the Cambrian Railcard if you’re aged 16 or over and a resident in qualifying postal code areas.
This Railcard is suitable for commuters and students as you can travel at any time of day.
Leisure travellers can explore the coastline and Cardigan Bay and enjoy the beautiful mid-Wales countryside for less. If you live in the area and love spending time on the beach, the Cambrian Railcard is ideal for summer days out with the family.
If you frequently travel with family or friends and want to explore more of Britain, a Family and Friends Railcard will save you £££s on train travel.
Students and younger travellers may wish to consider a 16-25 Railcard as you get 1/3 OFF train travel throughout Britain.
When Can I Use a Cambrian Railcard?
The Cambrian Railcard is valid for one year. Any journey at any time of day in standard class qualifies for discounts.
Where Can I Get Discounted Travel with a Cambrian Railcard?
You can use the Railcard for all stations on the main and coast Cambrian Lines. The main line connects Shrewsbury to Aberystwyth. While the coast line Machynlleth to Pwllheli. Check out this handy map for full details of the routes covered.
How much does a Cambrian railcard cost?
The Cambrian Railcard costs just £5 for one year.
Where can I buy a Cambrian Railcard?
The Cambrian Railcard is available to buy by post or in person from Aberystwyth, Machynlleth, Newtown and Barmouth.
To purchase your Railcard you’ll need:
- A completed application form
- Proof of residence in the appropriate area, for example, a driver’s licence, council tax demand or utility bill and payment
More Ways to Save with Railcards
There’s plenty of ways to save money on train travel in Britain with Railcards. In the meantime, check out these promotional code discounts and deals on 2016 National Railcards.
- 16-25 Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for 16-25 year olds and students
- Disabled Persons Railcard – best for people with disabilities
- Family and Friends Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for families and small groups which include children
- Network Railcard – best discount offer for people living in London and South East England
- Senior Railcard Promotional Code – SAVE £20 3-Year & 10% OFF 1-Year – best for people 60 years old and above
- Two Together Railcard Promotional Code – 10% OFF 1-Year – best for two people who travel together
Image credit: Hefin Owen (header)